Monday 20 June 2011

Pootling Along

So, what's been happening?

Well, for a start, the Saab is officially gone. A man came with a big truck last week and hauled her up and took her away. At least he gave me £100 for the privilege. So, this means the BMW is now my wee runaround. Changed the battery yesterday - my first ever go at that - and, touch wood, that seems to have worked out well. Also had to replace the fuel filler cap, and OK, that ain't much, but it's a nice feeling getting wee bits and bobs like that for your new baby. She's all insured now as well which means I can actually go out and drive her, so we're heading through for a wee run to Edinburgh tonight to pick up Dave for 5-a-sides tomorrow.

Work is driving me slowly insane. Thankfully I have 3 days off, which is nice, but some of the stuff that's going on just beggars belief. I must've done something really bad in a previous life to have to put up with some of the numpties I work with.

SVQ is out of the way at the minute - Mein Commandant, I mean my assessor is off on holiday, so I've a few days of not having to think about it. Uni is still there though, I'm in the process of doing a 2000 word report on a couple of Self-Concept interviews looking at the Development of a Sense of Self in children and the differences in age with regard to that. Although I've not started writing, I've done a fair bit of reading and preparation so am feeling quite comfortable with it. Speak to me in 6 hours and I'll be sobbing in a corner, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Kirsty started her new placement today. Quite apart from the extra money, which is always nice, it means I shall occasionally get peace and quiet in the house to do my things without having to stay up till 3am. It does however mean I'll need to start doing more housework, so I'm considering hiring a maid, preferably someone blonde and Eastern European ;-)

Oh, and I've got an interview next week for a 6 month Team Leader secondment. To be honest, I've never felt more underwhelmed about getting an interview in my life, but I'll give it a go and may well surprise myself. We shall see.

Anyway, better get off and do this report - I've promised myself, an hour of work on that then I can have lunch with a half hour of Xbox.

This blog was composed to Suede by Suede.

No comments:

Post a Comment